Thursday, September 25, 2014

iPhone 6 Plus can bend in your pocket - CBS News

The new iPhone 6 Plus is thinner and larger than its predecessors, but some users have also discovered the devices have an unexpected design flaw -- the new phones apparently bend under pressure, CNET reports. The phenomenon has been widely reported on the Internet and has already been dubbed "Bend-gate."
A number of users have said their phones bent after being carried around in their pocket for long periods of time.
Some users have shared their "bending" issues on the MacRumors forums. One member described his experience with the iPhone 6 Plus in the following post:
"I received my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB spacegray at about 3pm on Friday and set it up, but haven't worn it out that day, so it wasn't in my pocket. Yesterday, I left at 10am with the iPhone in my left FRONT pocket of my suit pants. I drove 4 hours to a wedding, which also involved a lot of sitting during dinner etc but also 2-3 hours of dancing. I left at 2am and went to bed, driving home 4 hours back. So in total, the 6 Plus was about 18 hours in my pocket while sitting mostly. As I lay it on the coffee table and sat down on the couch to relax from the drive (yes, sitting again), I saw the reflection of the window in the iPhones slightly distorted. Now I lay it flat with the display side on the table, take a look. Maybe at 5.5" it is too thin?"

No comments:

Post a Comment